Introduction: English majors lie, and excellent writers fabricate the truth. If you are an an English major, changes are very high that you have lied on many of your papers in order to receive the ever elusive "A", or even to impress your audience with your story. I, however, am not like most English majors. Instead, I have decided that the best written word stems from truth. Pure, unadulterated, open,and provocative. In order to be a writer one must spill their soul into the words, not their own fantastical ideas of their intellectual mind. An audience has the right to know the truth..all of it. We live in a world inundated with lies; writing should not add to such lies. Rather, writing should seek to expose them, to give readers a sense of hope which transcends all others. Readers often waste their time trying to sift through the mounds of lying literature in order to find a glimmer of honesty applicable in their life. Do not mistake me, there is truth in fabrication and exaggeration. But I simply cannot believe in the strength of the foundation of such supposed truths. I will admit, I like many others of my kind have lied in papers and in stories, many times in an effort to obtain my desired outcome. Yet, in this place I have no desired outcome other than to tell the truth-- the whole, blunt, truth.
Indeed this blog has become and always will remain: Confessions of a College English Major.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment